My mom made these every year with the multitude of zucchini she grew. They are light, sweet and addictive.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 3⁄4 cup coconut, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup raisins (plumped in hot water and drained)
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans work well)
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla.
- Sift together dry ingredients then add to Creamed mixture, stirring to incorporate.
- Stir in zucchini, coconut and raisins.
- Spread into a buttered jelly roll pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until lightly browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan.
- For Icing:.
- Melt butter in a small bowl.
- Add remainging ingredients, except nuts.
- stir until smooth.
- Ice cooled bars.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Cut into squares.
How completely heavenly!! These were loved and devoured in quick order and comments were in the order of... "a FIVE!!" and "I could eat those again!!" Just so easy to make. I did not have a proper jelly roll pan so the ones in the photo are thicker than they should be but that did not alter the delicious flavor! We will be making these again and I've already been asked to share your recipe. (-; Made for Pick A Chef, 2010.
Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup. I made these for a carry-in at work and they were a big hit! Several people wanted the recipe and I was glad to share. I did all additional powdered sugar to the frosting as I like a thicker frosting instead of a glaze. Was also able to make these gluten free by using my favorite gluten free flour and also adding 1 T of ground flax seed. Thanks for posting this recipe Crazy!
I made these yesterday. Excellent and very easy. Thanks for the recipe.