From Simple & Delicious - submitted by D. Brenden Mar2007. A simple wonton with a chocolately surprise inside. Very easy - uses prepackaged wonton wrappers. Note: Just fill a few at a time and keep the other wonton wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until you are ready to use them. You can also change the flavor by using different types of "kisses" in the center.
- Place a chocolate kiss in the center of each wonton wrapper.
- Moisten edges with water; fold opposite corners together over candy kisses and press to seal.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 inch of oil to 375 degrees.
- Fry wontons for 2 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
i only made 4 of these - tested them out...i'll be making them again whenever i have extra wonton wrappers to use up...yummm
I had some frozen wonton wrappers in my freezer just waiting to be used up and this was a great way! we loved these Hokie, thanks for sharing hon!
Fun and tasty!! I was scared when I tried to wrap the wonton around the kiss and mine weren't as pretty as Dreamer's were but boy did they taste great! Tasted wonderful with and without the sugar dusted on them. This is definitely going to be a Christmastime hit!! Thanks for a great recipe!