This one's a bit different than other recipes with a similar name. Found on the back of a Wilton cake pan label.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon rind
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries or 10 ounces frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped
- strawberry (to garnish) (optional)
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- For the crust:.
- Lightly spray 13x9 pan with vegetable spray.
- Stir graham cracker crumbs, lemon rind, and sugar together in a small bowl.
- Stir in butter.
- Press mixture into the bottom of prepared pan.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- For the filling:.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Add vanilla and lemon rind; blend until mixed.
- Stir in strawberries.
- Pour mixture into baked crust and bake for 45-50 minutes, just until the center is firm to the touch.
- Turn the oven off and leave the pan inside to cool for 30 minutes with the door closed.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into 3-inch squares and garnish with extra strawberries if desired.
I thought it was okay. the cooked version wasn't appetitzing and the strawberry flavor overtook the cheesecake. The kids in class liked them a lot fhough.
This is the first cheesecake I have made. I used splenda and reduced fat cream cheese. I reduced recipe to 6 servings and made a 9X9 pan instead of the 12X9. YUM!!
Very easy and delicious dessert. If my strawberries had realy been sweet,it would have been even more enjoyable.I think this would also be great with a chocolate or gingersnap crust.