Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great comfort dessert on a cold day. Wild blueberries are expensive if you have to buy them, but have more flavour than the larger blueberry. This dessert will fill your house with a wonderful aroma while it is cooking. A nice change from apple crisp. Found this in a House and Home magazine.
- 1 pint wild blueberries
- 1 pint blackberry
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice, and zest
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toss blueberries with blackberries, lemon juice and zest, 1/4 cup flour and sugar.
- Transfer to a lightly buttered 9" pie dish Place 3/4 cup of flour, oats, brown sugar spices and salt into a blender and pulse to combine. Add butter and pulse until topping forms moist clumps Sprinkle topping over berry mixture and bake for approximately one hour until berries bubble and the crust is golden brown.
- Serve warm.