Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Put a stop to weeping whipped cream. I think this is the greatest idea since sliced bread. : ) I've doubled this recipe with the same wonderful results.
- 1 teaspoon plain gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Put water in a small pan.
- Add gelatin.
- Set pan over a pot of boiling water.till it becomes clear.
- DO NOT STIR.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Whip cream to medium thickness.
- Pour gelatin in the center of cream while still whipping.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat till stiff peaks form.
I doubled this recipe to top a French silk pie and to have some if people wanted it for a French Lemon Pie. This recipe doubled great and tasted good too. I have never made stabilized whipped cream before, but the directions were clear, and it was easy. Thank you for posting this, I will definitely use it again!
I've been using this method for absolute yonks and it works every time. I like to make desserts for Saturday lunch, but usually make them on Friday afternoon, so I really need some stabilized cream. This works beautifully, so if you need whipped cream that will stand the test of time, this one is it!