Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Had this recipe for years and years, not until DS asked about these a few months ago did I remember them. It was a very old recipe from Mum's cookbook, I used to send this slice with my kids to school and they loved it as did their friends. A girlfriend used to ask me for the recipe all the time, and I just never got around to giving it to her, time just eludes us all sometimes!!!! ........Probably too late now, seeing her eldest in now 21 !!!!!!! ....lol
- 3 Weet-Bix, broken up
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 g butter, melted
- 200 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons golden syrup
- chocolate icing
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
- Press mix into a sponge roll tin.
- Bake in oven at 180C (350F) for approx 15 minutes and remove.
- In a bowl mix in condensed milk, butter, golden syrup and mix together well until combined, put this mix onto the weet-bix base abd return to the oven for 3 minutes.
- Ice whilst still warm with icing and when cooled cut into slices.
These were such a hit, I have posted the pic to show how quicky they went! So easy to make! Made for the Aus/NZ Swap #31