1/1 Photo of Volcano Ice Cream Sundae
Another cooking class recipe. This recipe is a real show. One of those "ooh" and "ahh" kinda recipes. Enjoy! Also, it's been suggested that you could possibly make individual volcanoes with paper cups filled with ice cream and following the technique below. (All ingredients are estimates. Sorry, this is just one of those as much as you think kind of recipes)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Run a knife around the edge to get the ice cream out in one piece. You may have to dip the container in hot water.
- 2Place ice cream upside down on a platter.
- 3Cut sharp edges from the top and sides to slope the ice cream in the shape of a mountain.
- 4Pour shell over the top. Let harden and then add hot fudge (this will run off the mountain and give the lava flow effect to around the bottom of the volcano).
- 5In a little bowl, take 3 or 4 sugar cubes and pour lemon extract over the cubes.
- 6Open 3 or 4 cherries and stick one of those sugar cubes in each one.
- 7Put the sugar cube/cherry in the center on the top of chocolate covered "volcano".
- 8Light sugar cubes with a match to set fire.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Volcano Ice Cream Sundae
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.6
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 85.3 mg
- Sodium 307.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 56.6 g
- Protein 8.7 g