Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another cooking class recipe. This recipe is a real show. One of those "ooh" and "ahh" kinda recipes. Enjoy! Also, it's been suggested that you could possibly make individual volcanoes with paper cups filled with ice cream and following the technique below. (All ingredients are estimates. Sorry, this is just one of those as much as you think kind of recipes)
- 5 quarts pail ice cream (vanilla or your choice)
- 12 ounces magic shell chocolate fudge topping
- 11 1⁄2 ounces hot fudge (not too thick)
- 4 sugar cubes
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (orange extract works too)
- 4 maraschino cherries
- Run a knife around the edge to get the ice cream out in one piece. You may have to dip the container in hot water.
- Place ice cream upside down on a platter.
- Cut sharp edges from the top and sides to slope the ice cream in the shape of a mountain.
- Pour shell over the top. Let harden and then add hot fudge (this will run off the mountain and give the lava flow effect to around the bottom of the volcano).
- In a little bowl, take 3 or 4 sugar cubes and pour lemon extract over the cubes.
- Open 3 or 4 cherries and stick one of those sugar cubes in each one.
- Put the sugar cube/cherry in the center on the top of chocolate covered "volcano".
- Light sugar cubes with a match to set fire.
I ran across this by accident and thought it would be perfect for son's birthday. It was. This was the only homemade volcano I could find that was all edible. I would like to add to use magic shell instead of hot fudge AND leave a ledge on the top to put the cherries into. get the largest cherries you can find so that the cubes fit in them.