1/2 Photos of Vegan Fruit-Butter Bars
From The Vegan Sourcebook by Joanne Stepaniak. So simple yet delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Lightly oil or spray sides and bottom of a glass baking pan, 8 inches square and 2 inches deep.
- 3To make the crust, place the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir them together until well combined.
- 4In a small mixing bowl, stir together the maple syrup and oil. Pour into the flour-oat mixture and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly moistened. The mixture will be crumbly.
- 5Press half of this mixtur evenly into prepared baking pan, packing it down very firmly.
- 6Carefully spread the fruit butter evenly over the base. Sprinkle the rest of the flour-oat mixture evently over the fruit butter and pat down lightly.
- 7Beke for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool on a wire rack and slice into bars or squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Fruit-Butter Bars
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.0
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 309.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 37.0 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: