From The Vegan Sourcebook by Joanne Stepaniak. So simple yet delicious.
Make and share this Vegan Fruit-Butter Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil or spray sides and bottom of a glass baking pan, 8 inches square and 2 inches deep.
- To make the crust, place the flour, oats, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir them together until well combined.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the maple syrup and oil. Pour into the flour-oat mixture and mix thoroughly until everything is evenly moistened. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Press half of this mixtur evenly into prepared baking pan, packing it down very firmly.
- Carefully spread the fruit butter evenly over the base. Sprinkle the rest of the flour-oat mixture evently over the fruit butter and pat down lightly.
- Beke for 20 to 25 minutes, or until lightly brown. Cool on a wire rack and slice into bars or squares.