Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very good alone or over vanilla icecream.
Make and share this Vanilla Poached Plums recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large vanilla bean
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups unpeeled pitted plums, halved (about 1 lb)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons margarine
- cut vanilla bean in half lengthwise.
- Scrape seeds into a small bowl, discard bean (or place in a container of sugar for a very pleasant vanilla scented sugar) Add sugar, and stir well.
- Place plums in a 1 quart baking dish, add sugar mixture and lemon juice, tossing gently to coat.
- Dot with margarine, cover and bake at 400f degrees for 20 minutes or until plums are tender, stirring once.
So simple, sooooo good; sweet, buttery, tangy. Can't wait to try it with peaches. What a wonderful thing is vanilla sugar.
Made with prune plums and splenda. Awesome!
So easy to make and so delicious! Served hot over ice cream and stirred the leftovers into oatmeal the next morning. Loved it both ways. The plums were still tart, but sweet enough to be pleasant. Great way to use up the plums from the garden.