Simple and oh-so-delicious. Created by Bobby Flay.
Make and share this Vanilla Ice Cream Swirled With Fresh Berry Puree recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the blackberries, sugar and lemon juice in a nonreactive bowl.
- Let the berries macerate, covered, at room temperature until the juices have run, about 1 hour.
- Gently mash berries with a spoon.
- Place the softened ice cream in a large bowl and fold in the berry mixture.
- *If you prefer, you could just drizzle the sauce on top of individual servings of ice cream*.
You can't go wrong with ice cream and berries! This was a perfect dessert on a very hot day. Made for ZWT8 for the Diners, Winers and Chives team.
Although I did follow the recipe right on down, I had to use frozen blackberries, but that didn't stop the end result from being absolutely great! Loved the easy in making this very nice ice cream! A definite keeper of a recipe! [Made & reviewed in the Almost 5 Special Event]
WOW! Simply delicious! Such an easy recipe! Unfortunately I couldn't wait for it to totally freeze up hard so I ate it when it was what folks in New Jersey call soft serve or custard! I also used French vanilla ice cream for the base. Since I used black berries and the family has a dislike of the seeds, I strained the seeds out with a mesh strainer. A super treat! Made for Veg 'N Swap tag.