1/4 Photos of Trouble Free White Chocolate Mini-Trifle
Chef Kate's Note:
This is a dessert to knock their socks off when you really have no time to fuss. All you need are some pretty basic pantry items and about 20 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the two oranges, removing all white pith.
- 2Slice them into rounds.
- 3Place the orange juice and the white sugar in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook till syrupy.
- 4Stir in the orange slices and get them well coated.
- 5Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt it either in the micro wave or over simmering water on the stove--but reserve a bit of chocolate for garnishing the desserts.
- 6Slice the pound cake into 1/2" thick rectangles. You should have 16.
- 7Brush eight of the rectangles generously with the grand marnier.
- 8Pour the melted chocolate evenly over the eight slices of cake.
- 9Distribute half the orange slices over the cake.
- 10Top with another slice of cake and cover that with whipped cream.
- 11Meanwhile, whizz the brown sugar and the cinnamon in a coffee grinder or mini processor (or a mortar and pestle).
- 12Place each mini trifle on a serving plate.
- 13Garnish the plate with the remaining orange slices and some chocolate curls and sprinkle the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture decoratively over the plates.
- 14If you have time and want to be fancier, put the whipped cream in a pastry bag and pipe it on--but just slathered whipped cream looks lovely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trouble Free White Chocolate Mini-Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (1253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.3
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.7 g
- Cholesterol 129.5 mg
- Sodium 190.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: