Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A teenager brought these to a band party at my house, and everyone loved them. I couldn't let her leave without the recipe. These are SO much better than plain chocolate dipped pretzels.
- Put caramels and milk in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes, or until melted, stirring after each minute.
- Pour into a coffee mug, and dip the broken end of each pretzel into the melted caramel, leaving about an inch uncovered.
- Shake off the excess caramel, and let set on a greased baking sheet.
- Melt the white chocolate in the microwave on high, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Pour into another coffee mug.
- Dip the caramel-coated pretzels into the white chocolate, leaving some of the caramel showing.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Microwave the chocolate chips on high until melted, stirring after every 30 seconds.
- Move the pretzels so they are touching on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the melted milk chocolate over them and let set.
I forgot to put milk in with the caramels and they got very hard (just the caramel part), but was still very good (just took a little work to chew). I also substituted peanut butter chips for the white chocolate and it was terrific! I'll definitely be making these again! Thanks!
PAC 2009: Made for our school bake sale - they were a hit!! Thank you!
I made these last year for Christmas and found them to be the easiest part of my baking frenzy. I garnished them with nuts or sprinkles. They disappeared faster than any of the other treats I brought for our family get-together. I am going to make these again this year to give away.