Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this in today's Herald Sun. This is the same recipe I make for a quick and easy large trifle. Never thought of doing it this way! Its so easy with the ready made custard and and the bought jam rolls!
- 85 g port wine jelly
- 6 small jam rolls (mini)
- 1⁄4 cup port wine or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 1⁄2 cups ready-to-serve custard
- 3⁄4 cup cream, whipped
- strawberry, for decoration
- mint leaf (to garnish)
- Make jelly according to instructions, and refrigerate until set.
- Slice jam rolls and use to line the base and sides of 6 glasses.
- Sprinkle the rolls liberally with the port wine, and top with the custard and chill.
- Just before serving, chop up the jelly and spoon jelly over the custard.
- Add a large dollop of cream and garnish with the berries and mint leaves.
Quick and Easy! Little Miss (DD) loves treats and she sure loved this one. I only made one substitute, I used cranberry juice instead of port wine (to make it child friendly) and kept the rest exactly the same. Little Miss really love preparing these (as well as eating them). This kind of desert is perfect for a dinner party, could easily prepare them before hand and they look special in individual glasses. Thanks for posting the recipe Tisme