OMG these are so good!! My family absolutely loves them... how could anyone not like this with tender apples wrapped in a yummy dough and a sweet cinnamon-brown sugar sauce... top it off, warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or REAL whipped cream.... ooo yum...
- Mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat egg, add to flour mixture.
- Add vinegar and water to flour mixture.
- Mix until dough forms.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter for sauce.
- Add brown sugar, water, and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Roll out dough into 4 pieces.
- Place 3-4 apple slices on each piece of dough, wrap dough around apples; covering completely.
- Place apple dumplings, seam side down in 8 x 8 inch square baking pan.
- Pour sauce over dumplings.
- Bake in preheated 375 oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve with icecream or whipped cream.