1/6 Photos of The Most Awesome Apple Dumplings
OMG these are so good!! My family absolutely loves them... how could anyone not like this with tender apples wrapped in a yummy dough and a sweet cinnamon-brown sugar sauce... top it off, warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or REAL whipped cream.... ooo yum...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into 32 pieces
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 -3 apples, sliced and peeled
- 1Mix together the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3Beat egg, add to flour mixture.
- 4Add vinegar and water to flour mixture.
- 5Mix until dough forms.
- 6In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter for sauce.
- 7Add brown sugar, water, and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Roll out dough into 4 pieces.
- 10Place 3-4 apple slices on each piece of dough, wrap dough around apples; covering completely.
- 11Place apple dumplings, seam side down in 8 x 8 inch square baking pan.
- 12Pour sauce over dumplings.
- 13Bake in preheated 375 oven for 30 minutes.
- 14Serve with icecream or whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Most Awesome Apple Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.8
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 99.5 mg
- Sodium 639.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 58.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g