This is a fun fudge to do with the kids, because of it's ease and rich/creamy flavor. Prep time does not include refrigeration.
- Melt condensed milk and chocolate in microwave (using microwave safe bowl) for about a minute and a half or until the milk is hot and watery and the chocolate chips are beginning to melt. DO NOT OVERHEAT (will burn chocolate and leave a clumpy/grainy mixture with a bad taste).
- Take bowl out and stir until mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Add peanut butter for peanut butter/chocolate fudge OR add salt and vanilla. Or add all three, depending on your tastes.
- Stir until all is well mixed, smooth, even and shiny.
- Pour mixture into an UNGREASED foil lined cake/brownie pan.
- Put in fridge until mixture is hard (overnight is best).
- Take out of fridge and cut into squares (or other desired shapes) and put into a Tupperware or other covered/airtight container.
- Freeze if desired.
- Or just EAT and ENJOY!
The first time I made this it was so easy and came out so good that I have played with it a few times. I added a tablespoon of instant coffee, and it was soooo good. Another time I substituted white chocolate chips with the peanut butter to keep the peanut butter color, and it came out really yummy. Another time I added miniature marshmallows. Big hit with the kids. You can't go wrong with this recipe. So good and easy!
Easy! Quick! Delicious!!! Just beware - you may get hooked!
I've made this recipe for almost forever, but never added the extra 100 grams of chocolate. I tried it out with a bar of chocolate that had some crispy rice crunching around in it, and it added an interesting touch to the fudge. Thanks for the tip!