Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I received this recipe from a friend. I love easy Cobbler recipes like this.
Make and share this Thanksgiving Cranberry Peach Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) package Duncan Hines yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) can peach pie filling
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine cake mix, cinnamon, nutmeg in a bowl.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until crumbly.
- Stir in nuts and set aside.
- Combine peach pie filling and cranberry sauce in an ungreased 13 x 9 inch pan. Sprinkle crumb mixture over fruit.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream.
We really like this cobbler (especially my husband). I had a 20oz can of peach pie filling so I used it all with the usual amount of cranberry. It turned out wonderful. It didn't get 5 stars from me because it is so fattening.
What a great idea for an easy Thanksgiving dessert. I hate making pies and this is so easy to go earlier in the day and have ready when folks stop groaning and snooping for dessert. I messed up and mixed the cake mix and butter the the food processor and got the worlds thickest dough instead of crumbs. DO NOT use the processor. It took forever to get the top covered in tiny bits of it. However it all merged in the oven and baked well. This was for DH and DS, they both loved it! The fruit combo was well liked too. I have a peachy-cranberry pie that I sometimes give in and make, they adore so I knew that this would be a hit. *Edit: I need to add that you should use a smaller dish size or double the filling amount. In the size dish ask for the finished cobbler is no more than 1/2 inch deep (if that)*
A Great Recipe - Loved it! Easy to prepare and a little different from our usual selection of desserts. I will definitely make it one of my "traditions" for Thanksgiving. You could probably substitute apple pie filling or another fruit of your choice for this one, but I used peach and it was great! Definitely a keeper! Thanks for sharing it. Miss Barb