Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Top this with ice cream for dessert or serve as a side with chicken or pork. If you don't like Tequila use Rum.
- 1 large fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup tequila
- 6 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint, finely sliced
- Mix tequila, marmalade, sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon and mint together heat till sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat Grill.
- Place pineapple on grill.
- Baste with tequila mixture while grilling.
- Turn occasionally.
- Grill about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.
EXCELLENT! I actually subbed Malibu Rum for the Tequila and WOW was it a crowd pleaser of a recipe. I dipped the pineapple rings into the marinade prior to placing them on the grill and that's all it took to infuse the wonderful yumminess into the fruit. I also put a little of it atop some chicken breasts that had a teriyake marinade and those seemed to go over well too! Next time I will cut the recipe in half, cause I had a lot leftover. Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! Made for Veggie Swap July 2010.
So simple but so yummy! I did not have any marmalade so I used a fresh orange and the zest and fruit- just seeded it and used the whole thing. This was still sweet enough. Used fresh pineapple and fresh mint! I will be making this again and again!
Ok, so I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but this is AWESOME. I used a can of whole pineapple slices instead of a fresh pineapple. And, I used about 1/2 cup of the pineapple juice from the can instead of the tequila. Otherwise, I followed the rest of the recipe. I just divided the sauce between to small oval bakers and baked the pineapple slices and sauce in the oven at 350 during the last 15 minutes of baking my ham. YUM, YUM. I can't wait to try this with the tequila over ice cream. Thanks for a great recipe. Oh, btw, DH says our kitchen now smells like a Williams Sonoma store. Thanks again.