Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Rich, delicious & easy!! My sister-in-law's mother-in-law gave me the recipe :) The extract can be any flavour (raspberry, orange, hazelnut, almond, peppermint)....
- Melt chocolate in the microwave on high for 60 seconds. Stir and continue to cook on high for another 30 seconds or until chocolate is completely melted.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and continue beating until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate, vanilla and extract flavouring.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Roll into cocoa, powdered sugar, nuts or dip into melted chocolate.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Use white chocolate in place of semi-sweet chips and follow same directions.
AAACK!!!! Update!! I wrote the following review without realizing I made a mistake in the recipe; I doubled it, but forgot to double the powdered sugar. My problems with texture must have been my fault. Here's the original review: These were great! I used white chocolate and Neufchatel cheese, and flavored 'em with almond extract. But I'm giving 'em 4 stars instead of 5 because I thought that the texture was a little soft -- they were very hard to roll. I ended up having to put them in the freezer for 20 minutes, because they wouldn't sufficiently firm up in the fridge. I dipped 'em in a ginger-chocolate coating, and they're quite yummy. Thanks for posting!