Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very light baked summer dessert. I've always asked for my mom to make this many times as I was growing up.
- 2 cups sliced fresh peaches or 1 (20 ounce) can canned peaches, drained
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Spread peaches in a well greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Blend flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Add milk, beating until a batter forms.
- Pour over peaches.
- Drizzle margarine over top of mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Let cool and refrigerate about 4 hours prior to serving.
Just tried this for our dessert today! FAST, Simple ingredients and fantastic results! YUM!! I used Whole Wheat Flour and a bit less sugar (all organic) and it tasted wonderful! Everyone wanted seconds! (the only true test of a great recipe!)
I happened upon your recipe while looking for something to bake using canned peaches. I'm so glad that I did! The only alteration I made was I used 1/4 cup of melter butter instead of 1/2 cup, and it still came out delicious! My mom told me that I should make it again. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe for this wonderful dessert! :)
Easy to make. Everyone loved it. Served it with whipped cream and grated fresh nutmeg on top.