Kari Homan Shannon's Note:
This recipe came from recipegoldmine.com/ccS/s27.html I have been looking for this recipe for years and finally found it, so thought I'd post it for others to enjoy.
My Private Note
5inch r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line a 9x5 inch loaf pan with buttered wax paper; set aside.
- 2Combine corn syrup, water and sugar in small heavy saucepan.
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a boil.
- 4Wash down side of pan with pastry brush dipped in hot water frequently, to remove sugar crystals.
- 5Add candy thermometer.
- 6Continue to cook until mixture reaches the hard-ball stage (255 degrees F).
- 7Meanwhile, beat egg white and cream of tarter with heavy duty electric mixer, until stiff but not dry.
- 8Slowly pour hot syrup into egg white, beating constantly.
- 9Add vanilla extract.
- 10Beat until candy forms soft peaks and starts to lose its gloss.
- 11Spoon fondant into the prepared pan.
- 12Cut into three strips lengthwise, then crosswise in center.
- 13Freeze until firm.
- 14Roll into logs.
- 15Place back in freezer.
- 16Line another baking sheet with wax paper, set aside.
- 17Melt caramels with water in small but heavy saucepan over low heat.
- 18Stir occasionally.
- 19Arrange pecans on wax paper.
- 20Working quickly, drop 1 piece of the frozen fondant into melted caramels to coat.
- 21While still warm, roll in pecans to completely coat the outside.
- 22Place on prepared baking sheet to set.
- 23Repeat with remaining fondant pieces.
- 24Reheat the caramel mixture if it becomes too thick.
- 25Cut finished logs into 1/2 inch slices.
- 26Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container between layers of wax paper or freeze for up to three months.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuckey's Pecan Log Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1083 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.3
- Calories from Fat 283
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 4.6 mg
- Sodium 171.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 89.9 g
- Protein 6.9 g