Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe was on the back of the Heart Smart bisquick box. Unlike the other Bisquick Strawberry Shortcakes recipes on 'zaar, this serves four.
- Mix strawberries and 1/4 c sugar. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Mix Bisquick, 2 T sugar and milk until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into fourths. Drop each fourth onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Split warm shortcakes. Fill and top with strawberries and whipped topping.
I love this version of shortcakes. Really does not lack in flavor and they are very moist for a shortcake. I topped mine with a mix of fresh strawberries and blueberries and skipped on the whipped topping. I also tweaked the shortcake just a bit by adding a 1/2 tsp of cinnamon to the dough - it really brings out the flavor of the fruit when eaten together. Thanks for sharing! Made for Sweet Taste of July Photo Forum event.
I have to say I am shocked. I am not a fan of Bisquick, and usually no one in the family cares for things made with it (pancakes, dumplings etc...) I happened to have a small box in the pantry however; because my MIL bought it the last time she came for a visit and I just hadn't thrown it out yet. Well, I will be keeping it now so that I can make shortcakes all summer :o) Thanks dogsandwoods for sharing your recipe. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2009.