Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a a low-carb version of a Penzey's recipe from their Early Summer 2009 catalog. I am a big fan of Penzey's spices and their recipes are always delicious..
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar substitute (for baking)
- 3⁄4 oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2⁄3 sugar substitute (for baking)
- 1 -2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups rhubarb, diced (about 2 good-sized stalks)
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a roomy bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar substitute, oatmeal, butter, white sugar substitute, sugar and cinnamon and mix until crumbly.
- Press half of the mixture into a greased 9x13 baking pan. Cover with the rhubarb and strawberries.
- In a small saucepan, heat the water, cornstarch and vanilla over medium-low heat until thick and clear, stirring often. This takes about 5 minutes.
- Pour over the rhubarb/strawberry layer.
- Top with the remaining crumb mixture and bake at 350 for 60 minutes.
Took this to mutual low-carb friends last night & none of us could stop raving about it!! Absolutely delicious!! Now the only issue is PORTION CONTROL!!