For the wonderful fruits of spring.
Make and share this Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut into cubes
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, orange zest, and juice; toss together until well blended.
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and flour; stir into the fruit mixture until well incorporated.
- Spoon fruit mixture into an ungreased 3-quart casserole dish.
- To make the topping: In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cut in the butter cubes using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until fruit filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.