1/2 Photos of Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
1 hr 5 mins
For the wonderful fruits of spring.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1/2 orange, juice of
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, combine the rhubarb, strawberries, orange zest, and juice; toss together until well blended.
- 3In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and flour; stir into the fruit mixture until well incorporated.
- 4Spoon fruit mixture into an ungreased 3-quart casserole dish.
- 5To make the topping: In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 6Cut in the butter cubes using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 7Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit.
- 8Bake for 30-35 minutes or until fruit filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry-Rhubarb Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 151.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 56.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of