The nuts are a nice addition to this cobbler.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 lb rhubarb, cut into 1 inch chunks (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons uncooked oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts or 3 tablespoons pecans or 3 tablespoons almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into bits
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Butter a 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish.
- 3Combine strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, sugar and butter.
- 4Place in bottom of pan.
- 5For the topping, combine flour with baking powder, sugar, lemon zest, oatmeal, nuts and cinnamon.
- 6Cut in butter until it is in tiny bits.
- 7Sprinkle mixture with milk.
- 8Stir together just until a heavy batter is formed.
- 9Drop batter by spoonfuls over top of the rhubarb.
- 10Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- 11Allow to cool before serving.
- 12Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- 13Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.7
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 37.8 mg
- Sodium 234.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 40.6 g
- Protein 6.4 g