Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
The nuts are a nice addition to this cobbler.
Make and share this Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- 1 pint strawberry, sliced
- 1 lb rhubarb, cut into 1 inch chunks (about 3 1/2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into bits
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons uncooked oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts or 3 tablespoons pecans or 3 tablespoons almonds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup butter, cut into bits
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 inch by 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, sugar and butter.
- Place in bottom of pan.
- For the topping, combine flour with baking powder, sugar, lemon zest, oatmeal, nuts and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until it is in tiny bits.
- Sprinkle mixture with milk.
- Stir together just until a heavy batter is formed.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls over top of the rhubarb.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This was so good. Too bad I can't give you 10 stars, because now you've got me hooked on rhubarb. For the crumble I only needed 3/4 cup of milk (I sprinkled a little at a time to see how the dough would form). The dough came out just fine with that amount of milk. I also used almonds that already cam slivered, because I didn't feel like chopping any of the nuts. There was also alot of jiuce at the bottom of the pan, which was problematic, so I drained it immediately. But it was so delicious.