Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From the April 2006 issue of Australian House and Garden magazine. Remember this recipe calls for a total of 450g of strawberies.
- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over a low heat until sugar has completely dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, then boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks in a bowl with a hand-held electric mixer for 3 minutes or until pale and mousse-like.
- Slowly add boiling syrup to yolks, whisking constantly, and continue to whisk for 5 minutes or until mixture is very thick and about 3 times its original volume.
- Crush strawberries with a fork to a coarse puree in a bowl.
- Slit open vanilla pods and scrape seeds into another bowl.
- Add cream and whisk until it forms soft peaks, then gently fold into egg mixture, followed by crushed strawberries.
- Divide mixture between 8 x ¾-cup (185ml) glass serving dishes or ramekins, cover well with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- To serve, remove parfaits from freezer and leave to soften slightly at room temperature.
- Pile a few strawberries on top and serve.
Delicious, easy and a great crowd pleaser. Thanks for the post
Delicious! This is also fun to make and a great way to use strawberries! I only used 1/2 a vanilla bean (all that I had on hand) and it was still great. A note on the ingredients though - I used heavy whipping cream for the double cream - which I belive is the US equivalent. When I made this I was able to fill 10 ramkins - this is a great dessert to make ahead and store in the freezer! Thanks for sharing this keeper!