Charlotte J's Note:
From the April 2006 issue of Australian House and Garden magazine. Remember this recipe calls for a total of 450g of strawberies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan over a low heat until sugar has completely dissolved.
- 2Bring to a boil, then boil rapidly for 2 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks in a bowl with a hand-held electric mixer for 3 minutes or until pale and mousse-like.
- 4Slowly add boiling syrup to yolks, whisking constantly, and continue to whisk for 5 minutes or until mixture is very thick and about 3 times its original volume.
- 5Crush strawberries with a fork to a coarse puree in a bowl.
- 6Slit open vanilla pods and scrape seeds into another bowl.
- 7Add cream and whisk until it forms soft peaks, then gently fold into egg mixture, followed by crushed strawberries.
- 8Divide mixture between 8 x ¾-cup (185ml) glass serving dishes or ramekins, cover well with plastic wrap and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- 9To serve, remove parfaits from freezer and leave to soften slightly at room temperature.
- 10Pile a few strawberries on top and serve.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Parfait
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 235.2
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 194.0 mg
- Sodium 20.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 15.2 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: