A friend gave me this delicious recipe, which I adjusted a bit for our tastes and for what I usually have on hand. It is a fun, fruity twist on a bisque.
- Combine berries and sugar and mix well.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Run berries through blender or food processor briefly to break them up.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and blend in flour.
- Add cream cheese and milk all at once and immediately stir vigorously over moderate heat.
- Continue to cook until thickened, stirring frequently to create a sauce-like consistency, although it will stay a bit thin.
- Cool, stirring occasionally. Chill.
- Just before serving, stir berries gradually into the sauce.