Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A friend gave me this delicious recipe, which I adjusted a bit for our tastes and for what I usually have on hand. It is a fun, fruity twist on a bisque.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries or 2 1⁄2 cups red raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese
- Combine berries and sugar and mix well.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Run berries through blender or food processor briefly to break them up.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and blend in flour.
- Add cream cheese and milk all at once and immediately stir vigorously over moderate heat.
- Continue to cook until thickened, stirring frequently to create a sauce-like consistency, although it will stay a bit thin.
- Cool, stirring occasionally. Chill.
- Just before serving, stir berries gradually into the sauce.
Made as a prize for the *Best of 2008* game ~ While I am esp fond of chilled fruit soups & bisques, my DH does not normally share my passion for them ~ BUT I found a way to chg his mind w/creative use of your recipe. I made a full recipe as written except for using frozen strawberries. To serve, I ladled the soup around a scoop of vanilla frozen yoghurt & sprinkled a bit of nutmeg over it. DH was in heaven & even suggested the combo would make a great milk shake. I fear I may have created a *strawberry bisque shake* monster. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
Oh my goodness!!!! This is delicious! And so pretty! Very refreshing, and fruity. I made mine with fresh strawberries. I will be making this again. Thank you for posting... made for "Think Pink" in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2008.
I really like bisques of any kind and this is no exception. I was expecting it to be a little more sweet, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it refreshingly fruity. Made for Fall PAC 2008. Thanks Starrynews.