This delightfully light dessert is easy and fun to make. It also looks gorgeous once assembled.
Make and share this Strawberry Napoleon recipe from Food.com.
- Thaw the frozen puff pastry by placing it in room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Once thawed, unfold the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut it into 3 strips along the fold mark.
- Cut each of the 3 strips into 4 rectangles; you will have a total of 12 same sized rectangles.
- Place the pastry rectangles on a baking sheet about an inch apart and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the pastry cool.
- In the meantime, make the vanilla pudding according to the package directions using the cold milk.
- Fold in the whipped cream into the set vanilla pudding.
- Now break apart each pastry rectangle into 2 layers - top and bottom; you now have 24 rectangles.
- Keep aside 8 top layers.
- Line up 8 bottom parts and spoon ½ of the vanilla mixture on them, dividing equally between the 8 pastries.
- Top with strawberry slices and another piece of pastry.
- Repeat with the remaining vanilla mixture and strawberry slices.
- Top with the reserved pastry tops.
- Garnish with a few slices of strawberry and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Either serve immediately or the patries can be refrigerated for upto 3 hours.
- Note that the preparation time does not include time to thaw the pastry.