1/1 Photo of Strawberry Napoleon
This delightfully light dessert is easy and fun to make. It also looks gorgeous once assembled.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Thaw the frozen puff pastry by placing it in room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 2Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 3Once thawed, unfold the pastry on a lightly floured surface and cut it into 3 strips along the fold mark.
- 4Cut each of the 3 strips into 4 rectangles; you will have a total of 12 same sized rectangles.
- 5Place the pastry rectangles on a baking sheet about an inch apart and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until the pastry is puffed and golden brown.
- 6Remove the baking sheet from the oven and let the pastry cool.
- 7In the meantime, make the vanilla pudding according to the package directions using the cold milk.
- 8Fold in the whipped cream into the set vanilla pudding.
- 9Now break apart each pastry rectangle into 2 layers - top and bottom; you now have 24 rectangles.
- 10Keep aside 8 top layers.
- 11Line up 8 bottom parts and spoon ½ of the vanilla mixture on them, dividing equally between the 8 pastries.
- 12Top with strawberry slices and another piece of pastry.
- 13Repeat with the remaining vanilla mixture and strawberry slices.
- 14Top with the reserved pastry tops.
- 15Garnish with a few slices of strawberry and a dusting of powdered sugar.
- 16Either serve immediately or the patries can be refrigerated for upto 3 hours.
- 17Note that the preparation time does not include time to thaw the pastry.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Napoleon
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 272.6
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.8 mg
- Sodium 284.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g