This is such a pretty recipe. I just love parfaits and I adore this light and fluffy mousse one. Butter cookies are among my fave and I love the fact that they are used in this recipe. Easy recipe with little prep needed.
- Dice 1C Strawberries and mix with sugar and lemon. Cut remaining 1/3C into a large dice and set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin evenly over water in a very small saucepan and let stand for 1 minute to soften. Then warm over low heat stirring until gelatin is dissolved. Stir gelatin into mashed strawberries.
- Set bowl in a a larger bowl of ice and cold water and stir frequently until a spoonful of gelatin mixture holds its shape briefly before dissolving back into mixture. About 5 minutes.
- Beat cream in another bowl with a whisk until it just holds stiff peaks. Fold about a 1/2C of cream into gelatin mixture.
- In a decorative glass or dish, begin layering whipped cream, mousse, cookie crumbs and whipped cream until glass is full.