A delightful addition to that Friday night family pizza. Found this at Guide to Southern Food. If using fresh strawberries, mash, sprinkle with sugar, cover, refrigerate for 2 hours, and add 1/4 cup water when cooking. I had unsweetened frozen strawberries and added 3 packets of splenda while cooking.
- Melt butter, mix with confectioners sugar.
- Add flour, mix well.
- Pat out in pizza pan.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Beat cream cheese and condensed milk together.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla.
- Pour over cooked crust.
- Combine frozen strawberries and cornstarch in medium saucepan (or fresh, mashed, sugared strawberries, 2 tablespoons water and cornstarch).
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened (about 5 minutes).
- Cool and spread over cream cheese filling.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours.