This recipe appeared in our local newspaper. I made the recipe with imported strawberries and surprisingly, it turned out very good. I am looking forward to making this again with our fresh, local strawberries which should start about June 15th. This recipe is quick and easy to make.
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar, and ginger.
- Stir in melted butter and mix until mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in almonds and mix well to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In another larger bowl, combine quartered strawberries and sugar, mix well to coat.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into a 13" x 9" oven-proof casserole dish or pan.
- Sprinkle crumb topping over strawberries.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 25 minutes or until juices are thick and bubbly and topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.