I haven't made this recipe. I added it for the Strawberry Swap. It sounds delicious though!
Make and share this Strawberry Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix first five ingredients together.
- Make a well in centre of mixture.
- Stir strawberries, oil and eggs in by hand .
- Pour into two greased 9x5" loaf pans.
- Bake at given temperature for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- For topping, blend reserved strawberry juice with cream cheese. Drizzle over cooled loaves.
This was good, very moist and rich. Added powdered sugar to the glaze to make it more like a frosting, like the one in Rita L's picture.
I went way off on this recipe! I added 1 tsp of baking powder, substituted 1 cup of whole wheat flour for one of the all purpose flours and used Splenda. I put the batter in a bundt pan and baked up a delicious dessert cake. I added Splenda to the reserved juice and about 1/4 cup powdered sugar to the frosting to make it a little more firm. We loved it and the neighbors raved about it. This is a versatile recipe and so-o-o good. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
This was very good. I followed the recipe exactly for the bread. The bread was delicious. Next time, I will add some walnuts or pecans. I also added about 3/4 cup of powdered sugar to the cream cheese. It was too tart otherwise. This was even better the next day. Thanks for sharing.