Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Recipe is from Taste of Home's April/May 1999 edition. They call it a "cake", but there is no flour or cake mix. . .definitely more of a light dessert!!! This is delightful and perfect for spring/summer picnics and parties. Young and old alike love this one! NOTE: Cooking time listed is actually chill time in the fridge, not actually cooking time since this is a no bake recipe.
For the crust
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
For the Filling
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large firm bananas, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 (8 ounce) canscrushes pineapple, drained
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
For the topping
- 2 cups Cool Whip
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine the crumbs, butter and sugar; press into an ungreased 13in x 9in x 2in dish. Chill for 1 hour.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, confectioners' sugar, milk and vanilla. Spread over the crust; chill for 30 more minutes.
- Layer with bananas, then ineapple, then strawberries.
- Carefully spread on Cool Whip and sprinkle with nuts. Chill until ready to serve.