1/1 Photo of Sticky Date Pudding (Microwave)
This is from Janelle Bloom's microwave cookbook. It is easy to make and so delicious. She says she got the recipe from friends who own a cafe in Hornsby. She also warns not to overcook it. This is the dessert I am always asked to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Caramel sauce: Put all ingredient in a 2-litre ovenproof glass jug. Cook, uncovered in the microwave for 5-6 minutes on 850 watts/high/100%, stirring 2-3 times during cooking. Remove from microwave and set aside.
- 2Grease a 22 cm ring container with high sides.
- 3Combine dates and water in a heatproof dish. cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes on 850 watts/high/100%.
- 4Quickly stir in bicarb of soda (mixture will froth, so don't worry).
- 5Cream together butter, sugar and orange rind. Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- 6Fold in flour and date mixture. Spread in prepared container. Place on a rack and cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes on 650 watts/medium high/70%.
- 7Gently pour two-thirds of the caramel sauce over the half-cooked pudding. Put it back into microwave oven and cook, uncovered, for a further 5-6 minutes on 500 watts/medium/50%. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before turning out.
- 8Serve with remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sticky Date Pudding (Microwave)
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 999.9
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 216.1 mg
- Sodium 776.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 135.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 112.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of