1/3 Photos of Stewed Rhubarb ( Rhabarberkompott )
Barb Gertz's Note:
We love Rhubarb, we even grow it. Strawberries can be added to make a good fruit compote. Can be made with SPLENDA for diabetic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Variations; White wine can be substituted for water, in which don't use vanilla.
- 2Whole strawberries can be add to the hot compote.
- 3Wash rhubarb, if young and tender, do not peel; otherwise strip off tough stringy coating, Cut in 1/2 to 3/4 inch pieces.
- 4Place in pot and sprinkle with sugar.
- 5Add lemon or orange peel.
- 6Cover and simmer slowly 5 to 10 minutes or until tender, but doesn't lose its shape.
- 7If using vanilla stir in now, taste to see if more sugar is needed, if so stir sugar in while fruit is hot so sugar can dissolve.
- 8Chill to serve.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stewed Rhubarb ( Rhabarberkompott )
Serving Size: 1 (224 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.7
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of