Sue Lau's Note:
Simple yet delicious end to a Spanish themed meal. Serve with cinnamon or vanilla ice cream, with cream, or with custard or flan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the pears in boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes then remove from the water and place under the cold tap.
- 2When the pears are cooled enough to handle, remove the peel, then cut in half.
- 3Using an apple corer, remove the center, and pare the stem away.
- 4Meanwhile put the sugar, wine, water and cinnamon stick in a pan over a medium heat when it starts to boil.
- 5Stir in vanilla extract, then add the pears and simmer slowly until the pears become soft.
- 6When the pears have softened remove them from the liquid and place them in a glass bowl.
- 7Leave the liquid simmering a bit longer until it reduces then pour over the pears.
- 8Can be served warm or chilled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Poached Pears
Serving Size: 1 (253 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: