Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simple yet delicious end to a Spanish themed meal. Serve with cinnamon or vanilla ice cream, with cream, or with custard or flan.
- Place the pears in boiling water for 2 - 3 minutes then remove from the water and place under the cold tap.
- When the pears are cooled enough to handle, remove the peel, then cut in half.
- Using an apple corer, remove the center, and pare the stem away.
- Meanwhile put the sugar, wine, water and cinnamon stick in a pan over a medium heat when it starts to boil.
- Stir in vanilla extract, then add the pears and simmer slowly until the pears become soft.
- When the pears have softened remove them from the liquid and place them in a glass bowl.
- Leave the liquid simmering a bit longer until it reduces then pour over the pears.
- Can be served warm or chilled.