This is a delicious traditional Spanish dessert and is similar to cold custard, but creamier and with a hint of cinnamon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the cornflour in 1/2 cup cold milk, stir well. Set aside.
- 2Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick.
- 3Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- 4Add the cold milk mixture to the eggs and sugar.
- 5When the milk is starting to boil, remove the cinamon stick and add the mixture of flour, milk, eggs and sugar.
- 6Stir well over the heat until the custard thickens. Don't boil.
- 7Put the natillas into individual bowls or dessert glasses.
- 8Sprinkle with a little cinnamon powder.
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spanish Natillas
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.0
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 366.1 mg
- Sodium 134.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 37.6 g
- Protein 12.9 g