Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious traditional Spanish dessert and is similar to cold custard, but creamier and with a hint of cinnamon.
- Dissolve the cornflour in 1/2 cup cold milk, stir well. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan with the cinnamon stick.
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Add the cold milk mixture to the eggs and sugar.
- When the milk is starting to boil, remove the cinamon stick and add the mixture of flour, milk, eggs and sugar.
- Stir well over the heat until the custard thickens. Don't boil.
- Put the natillas into individual bowls or dessert glasses.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon powder.