Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be broken into any size pieces.
Make and share this Southern Living Peanut Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- Combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring gently until sugar dissolves.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to hard crack stage (300°F).
- Stir in butter, soda and vanilla.
- Pour onto a buttered baking sheet.
- When cool, break into pieces.
This is a wonderful peanut brittle recipe! I have made 4 batches to use as Christmas gifts and am thrilled to have found this recipe. A few notes.. The first batch I made, I thought the sugar was NEVER going to dissolve! I was in a bit of a hurry and am impatient. : ) I heated on medium heat and it still turned out terrific. I just watched it much closer. After adding my butter, soda and vanilla, I cook to the desired color I want for my peanut brittle being careful not to scorch or burn. (Takes constant stirring) Even though this is very easy to make, be careful when allowing children to assist. A bit of the peanut brittle dripped onto my hand while pouring onto the pan and I suffered a VERY painful burn. Everyone has enjoyed this peanut brittle and really brags about how good it tastes. I am very happy with this recipe and it will be a keeper for my family.