Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This can be broken into any size pieces.
Make and share this Southern Living Peanut Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- Combine peanuts, sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring gently until sugar dissolves.
- Cook, stirring occasionally to hard crack stage (300°F).
- Stir in butter, soda and vanilla.
- Pour onto a buttered baking sheet.
- When cool, break into pieces.
This is a wonderful peanut brittle recipe! I have made 4 batches to use as Christmas gifts and am thrilled to have found this recipe. A few notes.. The first batch I made, I thought the sugar was NEVER going to dissolve! I was in a bit of a hurry and am impatient. : ) I heated on medium heat and it still turned out terrific. I just watched it much closer. After adding my butter, soda and vanilla, I cook to the desired color I want for my peanut brittle being careful not to scorch or burn. (Takes constant stirring) Even though this is very easy to make, be careful when allowing children to assist. A bit of the peanut brittle dripped onto my hand while pouring onto the pan and I suffered a VERY painful burn. Everyone has enjoyed this peanut brittle and really brags about how good it tastes. I am very happy with this recipe and it will be a keeper for my family.