Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
One of the few snickerdoodle recipes that does not require cream of tarter. Recipe is from Gale Gand (Food Network).
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a mixer with paddle attachment,cream the butter.
- Add the sugar and continue to mix, then add eggs, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients a little at a time until well blended.
- Chill dough it it is sticky and hard to handle.
- Roll balls of dough into about the size of a walnut and then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until puffed up and the surface of the cookie is cracked.
- When done let cool for a few minutes before moving to wire rack to completely cool.
I had high hopes for this recipe but after the first tray, I was ready to give this a 2 -- great 'snickerdoodle' taste, but they spread way too much and were very ugly! I threw out the tasty but ugly cookies (so I wouldn't eat them.) I had used margarine (Parkay)instead of butter so I added another scoop of flour and chilled the dough for another hour. I switched to a rounded teaspoon. 10 minutes and they're perfect. Still not the cutest cookie, but presentable and darn tasty. Oh, if I make these again, I will definitely use less vanilla.
Delicious!! I overcooked the first batch and they were still really good!
Very gooey and delicious. Perfect.