4 hrs 40 mins
Vanilla ice cream that is perfect by itself or topped with chocolate sauce. Proccessing time in included in cooking time. Prep time includes cooling time (4 hours) but not freezer time (4 hours or overnight). Recipe source: Coyote Cafe Cook book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over medium low heat heat the cream, milk, sugar and vanilla bean until it scalds. Remove from heat.
- 2Whisk in a little of the milk/cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking well.
- 3Return all to saucepan and cook over medium low heat, stirring constantly until bubbles appear and custard is thickened. DO NOT BOIL.
- 4Remove from heat and pour into a 1 quart container.
- 5Let cool and then remove vanilla bean.
- 6Refrigerate (2-4 hours) to cool completely.
- 7Process in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- 8Freeze in freezer until frozen hard. Let soften at room temperature for a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Simply the Best Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (914 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2511.6
- Calories from Fat 1811
- Total Fat 201.2 g
- Saturated Fat 121.0 g
- Cholesterol 1441.4 mg
- Sodium 329.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 160.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 134.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: