1/6 Photos of Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding
This is a Margaret Fulton recipe and has been a family favourite for nearly 30 years. The original called for walnuts (I have never used) so have made that a footnote in the directions. Serve with whipped cream and/or ice cream. A comfort dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 ounces butter or 4 ounces margarine
- 4 ounces caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C.
- 2Grease 6 cup oven-proof dish.
- 3For the sauce mix together cocoa and brown sugar in a jug and pour in hot water and stir till sugar is dissolved.
- 4For the pudding sift flour, cocoa, instant coffee powder and salt together.
- 5Cream butter and sugar until light, gradually beat in eggs and vanilla.
- 6Add a little flour, then some milk (alternate between the two keeping a soft consistency) finishing with the flour (don't worry if you don't use up all the milk.
- 7Spoon mixture into well greased oven dish and spread evenly. If using sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of chopped walnuts.
- 8Spoon sauce over the pudding mixture till you have a layer of sauce then pour the rest over the back of the spoon.
- 9Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- 10Serve with whipped cream and or ice cream and walnut halves if using.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Self-Saucing Chocolate Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.7
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 195.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 4.4 g