This is a rich and decadent burnt creme that is served at Scott's, a very popular local restaurant. This is perfect for special occasions when calories don't count or when you need some total comfort food!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat cream over low heat until bubbles form around the edgo of the pan.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together until thick, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat cream into egg yolks, then stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into 6 six-ounce custard cups or creme brulee dishes. Place in baking dish that has about 1/2 cup water in the bottom. Bake until set, about 45 minute. Remove custard cups from the water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Sugar Topping:.
- Stir together both sugars then sprinkle each custard with about 2 teaspoons of the sugar blend.
- Place on the top rack under the broiler, cooking until the topping is medium brown. Chill before serving.