Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook3 hrs 15 mins
This is mmm...mmm good. Very rich and creamy. The recipe originated at some fancy restaurant, but is a piece of cake to make.
- Combine sugar, water, and gelatin in small saucepan and blend well.
- Let stand 4 to 5 minutes.
- Place over medium heat and bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually blend in cream.
- Combine creme fraiche and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Gradually add hot sugar mixture, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Pour into 6 or 8 wine glasses or desert dishes.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Garnish with sliced strawberries and blueberries.
This is a wonderful, creamy, rich dessert. I made it yesterday for the 4th of July (red, white and blue) and we really enjoyed it. It was easy to make. I used sour cream instead of the fancy sounding alternate. I'm glad to have found this recipe. I will make it again. It is delicious!
The recipe tasted good, especially with Cake "Veronica", but was a bit gellatin-like for my taste. This isn't bad, certainly, and it was nicely sweet and easy to make. I'll definitely make it again, but contemplate whipping the cream into stiff-peaked whipping cream, first, and then folding in the other ingredients.
Yum!!! This is sooooo good! I also used sour cream and substitutes fresh local huckleberries for the blueberries. I made this as a dessert for a small dinner party and it was a hit. Very fancy and elegant but simple and fun. Thanks for posting this recipe!