Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
Came from the Southern Living Christmas Cookbook. This is loved by adults and children so you might want to make up a double batch. Lots of the recipes that I researched here used the saltine crackers. These use the round buttery Ritz crackers. Makes it even more decadent!
- 76 crackers, broken in half. (2 sleeves of a Ritz type cracker)
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 cups millk chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white chocolate
- Place crackers on a lightly greased aluminum foil-lined jellyroll pan.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring constantly.
- Cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour over crackers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. Turn off oven.
- Sprinkle crackers with chocolate morsels and let stand in oven for 3 minutes or until chocolate melts. Spread evenly over crackers.
- Top with pecans and white chocolate.
- Cool completely and break candy into pieces.
- Store in refrigerator.
This is awesome! Very easy to make and very tasty! You do not need to break the crackers, just place them side by side on the pan - I usually use parchment paper in place of greasing the pan.