1/3 Photos of Rich Guinness Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Engineer in the Kitchen's Note:
Made this as a dessert for St Patrick. Got the recipe from Veg Times. Used it with my recipe of Guinness Syrup (#167683).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 8-inch round cake pan. Line with parchment or wax paper. Butter paper.
- 2Bring stout and butter to a simmer in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 3Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl to blend; set aside.
- 4Beat egg, yolk and sour cream with electric mixer in another large bowl to blend. Add stout-chocolate mixture to egg mixture, and beat just to combine.
- 5Add flour mixture and beat 30 seconds on slowest speed. Fold batter using rubber spatula until completely combined; pour into prepared pan.
- 6Bake about 50 to 55 minutes, or until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Transfer to rack; cool.
- 7Once it is cool, prepare syrup (can use my recipe of Guinness syrup). Cut a piece of the cake, put in a glass, add some ice cream and drizzle the warm syrup on top. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Guinness Cake
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.9
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 261.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g