Made this as a dessert for St Patrick. Got the recipe from Veg Times. Used it with my recipe of Guinness Syrup (#167683).
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 8-inch round cake pan. Line with parchment or wax paper. Butter paper.
- Bring stout and butter to a simmer in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa; whisk until smooth. Cool slightly.
- Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in large bowl to blend; set aside.
- Beat egg, yolk and sour cream with electric mixer in another large bowl to blend. Add stout-chocolate mixture to egg mixture, and beat just to combine.
- Add flour mixture and beat 30 seconds on slowest speed. Fold batter using rubber spatula until completely combined; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake about 50 to 55 minutes, or until tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Transfer to rack; cool.
- Once it is cool, prepare syrup (can use my recipe of Guinness syrup). Cut a piece of the cake, put in a glass, add some ice cream and drizzle the warm syrup on top. Enjoy!