Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When hot from the oven, serve with whipped or ice cream. Or cool and cut in squares. Easier than the regular matrimonial date squares my grandmother spent hours preparing
- In a saucepan, cook rhubarb with 1/2 cup of the sugar until it is tender.
- Combine 1/4 cup of sugar with cornstarch and add to the rhubarb mixture.
- Continue cooking 4-5 minutes.
- Sift flour and baking soda, brown sugar and rolled oats.
- Cut in butter.
- Pat half of this mixture into a 9 x 13 pan (greased).
- Spoon cooled rhubarb mixture over.
- Top with other half of crumbed mixture.
- Bake 375F 35-45 minutes.
- Cut in squares once cooled.