When hot from the oven, serve with whipped or ice cream. Or cool and cut in squares. Easier than the regular matrimonial date squares my grandmother spent hours preparing
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, cook rhubarb with 1/2 cup of the sugar until it is tender.
- 2Combine 1/4 cup of sugar with cornstarch and add to the rhubarb mixture.
- 3Continue cooking 4-5 minutes.
- 5Sift flour and baking soda, brown sugar and rolled oats.
- 6Cut in butter.
- 7Pat half of this mixture into a 9 x 13 pan (greased).
- 8Spoon cooled rhubarb mixture over.
- 10Top with other half of crumbed mixture.
- 11Bake 375F 35-45 minutes.
- 12Cut in squares once cooled.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Matrimonial Square
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.3
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 45.7 mg
- Sodium 202.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 46.1 g
- Protein 5.3 g