1/2 Photos of Rhubarb Dumplings
L DJ's Note:
Granma's Rhubarb Dumpling recipe modernized
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 2 quart micro-safe dish with cover combine sugar and cornstarch, stir in water til smooth.
- 2Add rhubarb and butter; cover and microwave on high 5 minutes, stir, microwave 3 minutes til rhubarb is tender and sauce is thickened.
- 3Meanwhile combine flour, sugar, baking powder, milk and butter.
- 4Drop batter in eight mounds onto rhubarb around edges of dish; cover microwave on high 2 minutes.
- 5(do not lift cover) Rotate dish a quarter; microwave 3 more minutes, or til toothpick inserted in dumpling comes out clean.
- 6Combine sugar and cinnamon sprinkle over dumplings, serve warm with cream, whipped cream or icecream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 127.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 2.9 g