1/2 Photos of Rhubarb Bears
1 hr 5 mins
Krsi Sue's Note:
Why did the bear cross the road? To eat Mommy's rhubarb cake.....so said my son. This is an easy coffee cake that you will want to let cool completely before cutting into. If you like it more tart, or more sweet, just adjust the sugar amount to your liking. You may use Splenda in the place of sugar. I used my hands to mix up the crust as it makes quite a thick dough. Timing does not include cooling period.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups rhubarb, cut
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- 4Mix cake mix, egg, and melted butter together to make a thick dough.
- 5Using your hands or a pastry roller, spread the dough evenly into the pan.
- 7Place rhubarb, butter, 1/4 cup water and sugar into saucepan and heat over low heat until soft, stirring to ensure it doesn't stick.
- 8Mix 1/4 cup water with cornstarch and add to rhubarb while stirring to thicken slightly.
- 9Pour filling over crust.
- 11Using your hands or a pastry cutter, mix butter, flour and sugar together until it is crumbly.
- 12Sprinkle over the rhubarb layer.
- 13Place in oven and bake for 35 minutes. If the topping does not brown for you, you may put the broiler on 350 degrees until lightly browned.
- 14Cool completely and serve.
- 15Watch out for the bears when eating, or they will cross the road and steal it.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Bears
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.9
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 29.1 mg
- Sodium 241.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 41.7 g
- Protein 2.2 g