Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a yummy dessert. It's very refreshing, great for a hot summer night. You'll have people asking for the recipe when you serve it to family or friends.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9" x 13" pan.
- In small bowl, combine flour and margarine until crumbly.
- Stir in pistachios; pat into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- In small bowl, combine cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Fold in 1/2 carton of whipped topping; spread over cooled crust.
- In large bowl, beat pudding mix and milk at medium speed until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture carefully over cheese layer.
- Spread with remaining whipped topping.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.
Even though the ingredient amounts must be wrong I`m giving it 5 stars! As stated- 1 (2.00 ounces) package instant pistachio pudding mix 3 cups milk What I used- 2 boxes of 3.4 ounces of instant pudding mix 3 cups milk I used the 2 boxes becuase I poured the 3 cups of milk and found that no way it would be thick enough.so I added another box of pudding. The crust is just fabulous as well as the cheese filling. Then topped with the pisachio pudding just yum! I skipped the remaing whipped topping.It really doesn`t need it! I had my slice and my DH is taken the rest to work.I`m also doing an edit for this recipe!
I love this recipe and used to make it alot more when the kids lived at home. Now, it's a once in a while treat. When I make this in the summer, I use 1 1/2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs (or any other crumbs) and 3 tablespoons of melted butter and just press this into my pan & refrigerate until firm. Who wants to turn the oven on on a hot summer day?
This was a big hit at my St. Patty's day dinner last night! Extremely easy to make and should be made ahead. I didn't chop my pistachio's finely enough for the crust; next time I'll get them really small, otherwise they're tough to fork/cut through and prevent the crust from being smooth. I used light pudding, whipped topping and cream cheese with no problems at all! Loved it and will be making again!