1/3 Photos of Red Velvet Cupcakes
Ya Salam Cooking's Note:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 6 tablespoons red food coloring
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a small bowl, sift the cake flour and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, on the medium speed of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- 4Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk together the red food coloring, cocoa, and vanilla. Add to the batter and beat well.
- 6In a measuring cup, stir the salt into the buttermilk.
- 7Add to the batter in three parts alternating with the flour. With each addition, beat until the ingredients are incorporated, but do not overbeat.
- 8In a small bowl, stir together the cider vinegar and baking soda.
- 9Add to the batter and mix well. Using a rubber spatula, scrape down the batter in the bowl, making sure the ingredients are well blended and the batter is smooth.
- 10Fill cupcake tin 2/3 full with batter.
- 11Bake in oven until a knife or toothpick comes out clean. (about 20 minutes).
- 12Cream together cheese and butter until creamy and smooth.
- 13Gradually stir in sugar. Amount varies, depending on how sweet you want it to be.
- 14Stir in one teaspoon of vanilla.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Red Velvet Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 199.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 35.0 mg
- Sodium 172.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g